Kart around on one of Sydney’s best outdoor kart track set in the scenic and exhilarating rural area of Picton. Go around sweeping bends, challenging chicane, hair-raising hairpin with up to speeds of 75-110km on the supercharged straight. Experience the adrenaline of go kart racing like never before.
Track & Stats
It is fast, challenging and requires commitment and stamina. At 640 metres long by 8 metres wide with 190 metres straight, 9 corners and a hair pin. This circuit has a selection of fast, slow and technical corners. Adult Karts average lap times of 42-45 seconds. Junior Karts average lap times of 50-55 seconds. 17 HP Karts average lap times of 30-35 seconds! Our track is also a Karting Australia approved race track. Our track is inspected over 8 times a year prior to a race meet, ensuring our track surface, gravel traps, curbs, run offs and facility is up to the optimal level of standard.
Designed for juniors to get use to the karts and track. Only used on the odd occasion a junior driver or group is going around at walking pace. Its helps the driver to learn foot control on the pedals and steering the kart. Length is 330 metres and 8 metres wide. 5 corners including a hairpin. Junior Karts average lap times are 30 seconds.
On arrival you will be greeted by the friendly and helpful team. Each driver will need to register and sign in at the counter. After signing in, you will be put through a 5 minute drivers training and briefing. We take care in our customers safety on the track. Their may be up to 5 staff on the track monitoring the sessions and flagging!! Staff will re-explain some key information to all drivers. Yellow flag you must slow down as a kart has spun out or is off the track surface. At all times it is up to the faster driver to overtake safe. Drivers spinning out numerous times or driving in a manner that is a risk to others will be flagged off the track. All Junior drivers are trained to drive safe. Staff go over the pedals to ensure they know the brakes, accelerator and how to steer the kart. Drivers will be fitted with helmets and the option of race suits. The track utilises a state of the art timing system and will provide you print outs of your times available at the end of your go kart racing session.
The fleet of 25 go karts are purpose built with the European ‘’Intrepid’ chassis and powered by the Subaru 4 stroke engine which can accelerate at speeds up to 75 km p/h. The karts are also fitted with an individual timing transponder which times the karts to an incredible 1/1000th of a second so you are able to time yourself and improve your time on the next round.
All Engines have the following work done by our mechanic;
- Governor removed. This ensures a even fleet of karts. The engines are geared perfectly for our track reaching a max rpm of 5,000 up the straight. Our Subaru engines are overhead chain with a timing chain.
- Exhaust. Fitted with a KSI performance exhaust allows gases to flow without being restricted by the stock exhaust.
- Air filter. The paper filter is removed and fitted with K&N foam filters. The Engines like to breathe especially with the higher revs.
- Carburetor. We re-position the jet from the factory location. This allows more fuel due to the need from the above alterations and enhances reliability.
- spark plug. The gap is increased to allow a more efficient burn of fuel/air in the combustion chamber. Plus a increase in power.
The fleet of 10 European TB karts have been perfectly geared to our Track. They are powered by a Honda 4 stroke motor, which can accelerate to speeds up to 65 km p/h. They are all fitted with timing transponders and de-harrdt shut down transponders to ensure safely.
17HP High Performance Two Stroke Karts
The 17HP Racing go karts are fueled for the real speed freaks!! They are a popular high-performance two-stroke KT100S Yamaha racing engine capable of 110km/h plus and a max rpm of 16,000. Each kart is fitted with an individual timing transponder which times the karts to an incredible 1/1000th of a second. The frames are a mix of racing karts that weigh a fraction of a conventional hire kart (Power to weight). The engines are not restricted in any way ! Our Mechanics rebuild each engine every 15 hours of use. All Karts are individually inspected before a booking. Engine, chain tension, sprocket, throttle cable, brakes, seats, and frames.
At the end of the each karting session you can wind down with your friends or family and swap tactics, perhaps over an icy cold drink in our seated down air conditioned cafeteria. This go karting experience will have you seated in and raring to go. Push the pedal to the metal, full acceleration, green lights and you’re on your way to an extreme adrenaline rush on four wheels -see you at the trackside!
TIPS FOR DRIVING A KART
- If you are just learning to drive a go kart or hoping to win your first go kart race, this article will teach you the basics. Whether you want to start a hobby, drive better, or just get in first, this is the ultimate information to small scale go karting!
- Be smooth. You may think you are cool slamming on the accelerator, but sliding and jerking actually slow you down. Accelerate smoothly, brake smoothly to retain momentum and be faster all around that track.
- Plan your drive path as “out-in-out” the wide path will help you maintain momentum. For example when you are entering left turn you stay at the right side, and then cut in the apex. Then drive to the right again. For a right turn, vice versa. When you are just learning, it can help to follow a fast driver to duplicate their race line as closely as possible.
- Limit the sliding in your turns. Sliding and drifting may look cool, but they aren’t actually fast techniques for the beginner or intermediate driver.
- Brake at the end of the straightaways before you enter the turn. If you start breaking during the turn, you will slide.
- Control your front tire grip. If your front tires stay in control, your kart will stay in the line you want. It can be OK to let the back tires slide a bit.
- Time your passes carefully. Don’t pass when there is risk.
- Listen to instructions and always follow the rules, they are the simplest and best part to be victorious!