Privateers Rules & Terms
The following rules MUST be strictly adhered to, as failure to do so will result in eviction from this facility;
- Karting is a non-contact sport. No dangerous driving will be tolerated (eg. pushing, punting, disobeying flags, and excessive spinning etc).
- All karts using Picton Karting Track must have a clutch unless the driver holds a current AKA Licence.
- A Practice session strictly means “Practice”, it does not mean “Racing”, anyone wishing to Race, please join a club to do so. Practice sessions have Karters with varied driving abilities, or they may be breaking in an engine, or may have different engine capacities to yours, and as a driver it is your responsibility for the safety of yourself and other drivers to take into account these varied situations you may encounter during a practice session.
- Before entering the track, any Karter either a beginner or otherwise that does not fully understand what is expected, please seek the advice of track officials. For safety, if your kart has stopped for any reason, please remain in your kart, unless it is deemed safer to exit the kart, and raise one arm to warn oncoming karts, then when safe to do so remove your kart from the track and into a safe area, and retreat to a protective barrier and remain there until the session is over, or directed by an official. Whilst on the track, please keep your safety apparel on at all times.
- All Yamaha 100S (Clubman) motors require a silencer to be fitted.
- On the rear of your kart please display an L Plate if you are a beginner and display an X over your plate if breaking in an engine.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to fit the kart of a junior with the appropriate engine capacity/horsepower for their ability and age. If you are unsure please contact Picton Karting Track on 4677 3330.
- Always drive in a clockwise direction.
- Always raise one arm when safe to do so, on entry to Pit lane.
- All drivers, after signing in, will be issued with a dated wristband. Please wear it on your wrist, anywhere else will not be accepted, and show officials if asked.
- All drivers must wear a full face helmet, gloves, fully enclosed footwear, and a race suit. (Overalls will not be accepted). NO GEAR, NO KARTING
- For safety, pit area, in grid & out grid, is for drivers and pit crew only, and strictly NO SMOKING & NO SPECTATORS in those areas
- GREEN – Clear Circuit
- AMBER – When light/flag is being shown, please reduce speed. Raise arm to acknowledge light/flag, “do not overtake” and proceed with caution until the track has cleared.
- RED – Reduce speed and return to grid.
- Track officials have the right to prevent or stop a person from driving on the circuit for the following:
Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Any person not following the above rules or for any reason deemed necessary for the safety of participants, competitors, spectators and/or staff.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited. Drivers considered to be affected by drugs, medication or for any other reason that may affect their driving ability will not be permitted to participate.
- Drivers using medication or that have a medical condition that may affect their ability to drive with safety must produce a medical certificate from a doctor stating that it is safe for them to drive.
- Insurance cover is for Public Liability as required by the Sports and Recreation Department NSW Government, which does not cover bodily injury and associated costs to persons participating in Motor Sport. Personal Accident and Ambulance Insurance are the responsibility of the individual.
- Please remember it is the drivers responsibility whilst on the track, for the safety of other drivers and their property.
- Privateers sessions are run as Juniors or Seniors and also run in between our Hire Kart sessions.
For club racing go to
4Stroke Karting Association of NSW
Wollongong Kart Racing Club